As a certified medical pedicure, I have been trained in proper hygiene, disinfection, sterilization, skin – nail disorders, Diabetic Foot Care and foot reflexology.
I am also a specialist in podo-spray techniques.This modern and professional podo-spray equipment, ensure you a professional and hygienic handling to the removal of calluses, corns, the properly cut and milling of nails and nail problems. Giving advice and the possible detection and removal of the complaints is also part of my job.
Medical Pedicure, foot care for both healthy feet and those in need of a little extra care and attention.I offer safe nail care; intense moisturizing treatments and foot care solutions including the safe removal of hard skin, cracked heels or calluses.
What is a Medical Pedicure Like?
– First, the foot is cleaned and disinfected; next the nails are cut and filed.
– After the nail area is cleaned, I remove hard skin and take care of corns, chaps, fungus or ingrowing nails. Using the Podo Spray technique guarantees a painless and comfortable hygienic experience.
– Finally, you get a short foot massage with adequate creams.
Price: From 24 Euro for a full foot treatment
Medical Pedicure Toenail Reconstruction
What is Wilde Pedique? It’s an extremely elastic UV gel (one component Acrylester resin) which when exposed to UV-A light sets.
LCN Wilde Pedique was developed specifically for corrective and restorative toenail treatments.
The gel resin has the ability to bond to a surface, add strength and harden with a glossy finish, whilst at the same time adapting to the movements of the toe due to its flexibility.
The results can be achieved even on callus layers of skin- very suitable where a toenail is missing or damaged or in the case where a nail has surgically been removed and there is an unsightly regrowth; thus effective on scaly nail surfaces as it can conceal ridges and deformations and hide discolouration (in the case of fungal nails).
The Wilde Pedique gel once applied and cured will essentially look like and cut like a regular toenail. It is an ideal solution for those clients who are looking for a cosmetically pleasing look and at the same time help to stop the snagging of the nail and possible infection. It does need refilling every 4/6 weeks until the nail is grown fully.
Price: 24 Euro
Who would want a WILDE-PEDIQUE treatment?
- Fungal – this treatment can be used in conjunction with fungal nail treatment either in the form of topical or oral anti-fungal treatment. Although Wilde-Pedique is not a cure in itself, it should help in limiting the spread of the fungal infection and it will certainly go a long way in boosting one’s confidence in being able to show off their feet.
- Nails damaged by trauma (missing) – a prosthetic nail may help the new nail grow into place along the nail bed thereby minimising the risk of an ingrown nail.
- Cracked/split nails – LCN gels helps further damage by covering the crack/split, preventing further snagging.
- No Odour
- No Discolouration – Once an Acrylester Resin has been cured for about 2 minutes under a UV-A light, the material is completely cured and will not change.
- No Primer/Chemical Activator – LCN gels use no aggressive acidic primers which damage the natural nail plate.
- No Damage to the Natural Nail – As the gel cures to a flexible surface, it will not damage or hinder the natural nail growth.
- NonPorous – neither moisture or air can penetrate the material and therefore, fungal nails can be covered with the gels helping prevention of further spread or development of the infection.
Conservative (non-surgical) ingrown nail treatment PODOFIX
Up-to-date ingrown nail correction technique allows adjusting the nail plate aiming it to the right anatomic direction and avoid any surgical intervention.
Podofix is a brace that lifts an ingrown nail, helps to reduce the pressure to the nail and inflammatory processes.
Gradually the pain disappears and most importantly the progressing nail correction continues.
The principle of action is similar to dental braces – an elastic brace made of metal or plastic is fixed on the deformed nail in order to gradually lift and straighten it. Working as a spring the brace pulls out the nail edges, straightens it and does not allow to deform.
It is recommended for a deformed and ingrown nail treatment and prevention of nail fold granulation as well. The disappearance of pain and, most importantly, the steady correction of a growing nail is a result of this treatment.
Podofix remains on the nail from 14 days to 2 months period. It must be taken off or changed into another one after that.
The elastic brace is easily fastened on the problematic nail zone or near it. This method is ascribed to a non-surgical onychogryphosis correction using a stud-brace, it allows to avoid the surgical intervention. Due to a small size, Podofix is imperceptible, does not disturb wearing shoes or doing sports. On request, the nail brace can even be covered in nail polish.
Price: 12 Euro per brace
Despite bearing the brunt of almost every physical activity we do, our feet are frequently neglected. All too often, we simply ignore them unless they actually cause us pain. However, well cared for feet are a recipe for good mobility.
No matter where you go, your feet are coming with you. And when you have problems with your feet, you know that sooner or later you’re going to feel the pain. That’s why it’s so important to take care of your feet and do whatever possible to keep them healthy. …